Solarize Philly is a citywide program to make solar possible for all Philadelphians. Led by the Philadelphia Energy Authority, it will add 2.5 MW of PV on 500 Philadelphia homes and buildings in 18 months by:
- reducing customer acquisition costs
- reducing system costs through bulk purchasing
- increasing consumer confidence
- simplifying solar permitting and interconnection, and
- subsidizing solar for low and moderate-income households
Solarize Philly will create 73 jobs, expand solar installer training, clean the grid, and reduce energy costs for residents. It will kickstart equitable progress on City Council’s goal of 20,000 solar roofs by 2025, and drive solar market growth in our region.