- Team Lead
- John Barnett
- Project / Program Description
UPSTART will partner with the Village of L’Anse, Michigan to design an innovative community solar program to enhance local low-to-moderate income (LMI) households’ access to solar energy. The program utilizes innovative access to technical assistance expertise to lower the program planning cost and incorporates tax-exempt lease purchase (TELP) agreements and income qualified lease agreement structures to reduce barriers to LMI households’ participation. The program strives to facilitate 50 kW community solar project by the end of the competition period which will help to lower households’ energy burden and drive solar job growth.
- Project Updates
Media Coverage Updates:
- December 22, 2017: Proceed with 'community solar'
- December 18, 2017: L'Anse area solar feasibility study released
- December 14, 2017: Moving forward with L'Anse solar power plan
- August 23, 2017: Community Listens to Forum about Potential Solar Garden
- August 22, 2017: L’Anse community meeting gauges interest in possible community solar garden
- August 15, 2017: Forum for L’Anse Community Solar Project
- May 25, 2017: UPSTART to bring community solar to L’Anse and to participate in National Solar Competition
- May 22, 2017: Will solar power work in the U.P.
- May 11, 2017: Study to Explore Community Solar in L’Anse
- May 4, 2017: L’Anse looking into community solar power